OUR CHURCH & GROUNDS
It is thought that the earliest church on the site dated back to around 800AD and the current structure was last extended in about 1913.
The pews accommodate 260 comfortably and the chancel has choir stalls for 28 and two priest’s stalls. The Lady Chapel accommodates twelve for small services and is a valued additional communion point. There is an ample vestry with ante-room along with a choir vestry. There are two toilet facilities. We have regularly maintained gas central heating and a lighting system installed six years ago.
The churchyard extends to about five acres and in addition to maximising for our own use we try to encourage community use of the space, and for public outreach. It is a closed churchyard with nearly 1000 burials dating back to the early 1700s. The area immediately surrounding the church building is maintained by church volunteers. The local authority has a responsibility for the grounds but their involvement is limited by their fiscal budget. We have a dedicated garden of remembrance with reflective space for prayer.