PARISH SAFEGUARDING POLICY
If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or is at risk of harm, do not hesitate to contact the Parish Safeguarding Officer HILARY HARRISON 0191 2850047, or the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor for advice and support RUTH ROGAN 07825167016 email@example.com
Full details of the diocesan policy can be found at: http:/www.newcastle.anglican.org/safeguarding/introduction.aspx
This statement was adopted by GOSFORTH ST. NICHOLAS at a Parochial Church Council meeting held on 28.5.19
As members of this Parish we commit ourselves to care for one another safely
We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as at risk some time on our lives.
We commit ourselves to:
· The Safeguarding of people who may be at risk, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church
· Promoting safe practice by those in a position of trust
· Promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be at risk
· Recruit safely following the recognised procedures
· Supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work with young children/young children and adults who might be at risk
It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse. We will report any abuse that we discover or suspect.
We agree to work within the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese. Each person who works within this Church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this Church.
This church appoints HILARY HARRISON (30.4.2019) as the Parish Safeguarding Officer and D.B.S administration.
This policy is reviewed each year by the Parochial Church Council and reaffirmed at the annual general meeting.
Incumbent: Rev'd Jane Nattrass
Church Warden: David Young (signed original) Church Warden: Gill Mitchell (signed original)
Church Warden: Dale Hunter (signed original) Church warden……………………………………………..
Date: 16 June 2019
For further information please follow think link to 'You Will Be Listened to' below: